Health - Nutrition
- Abandoned Puppy Care and Nutrition Guide - Includes calorie nutritional requirement information and health care tips.
- The Animal Advocate - Facts and editorials about breed specific nutritional requirements, label interpretation, and alternatives to commercial food.
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) - More than 20 articles on dog nutrition. Topics include feeding practices, food supplements, ingredients, food contaminants, relationship of diet to health, labelling and nutritional requirements.
- Canine Nutrition - A collection of articles by a nutritional consultant. Includes dietary analyses and the relationship between diet and disease.
- Dog Nutrition - Articles on BARF, vegetarian diet, supplements, commercial diets and mad cow disease.
- Dog Nutrition Fact Book - A dog food manufacturer presents information covering requirements and considerations from puppy to old age.
- Dogs and Diets - Information on dog food selection, feeding tips, basic nutrition and special diets.
- K9Nutrition - Information on how to join this e-mail discussion group, for people wanting to learn more about nutrition and dogs, and sharing ideas on feeding for daily use and for special needs.
- Lennie's World of Dog Nutrition - Articles on canine diet and feeding are changed and rotated regularly.
- PetPlanet Dog Nutrition - Articles on feeding table scraps, BARF, dangerous foods, dies for puppies adults and seniors, and causes of indigestion.
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) - Nutrient Database for Standard Reference - Interface allows simple searches for food ingredients by entering keywords or the Nutrient Database Number.
- What to Feed Your Puppy Dog - Essay discusses concerns about commercial dog food and dog food ingredients, and recommends particular brands of commercial dog food and home made diets.
- To Feed or Not to Feed Grains? - Article by a veterinarian.
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary: Practical Canine Nutrition - Advice from a veterinarian.
- Branford Miniature Schnauzers: Dog Food Preservatives - Article about natural and synthetic preservatives.
- Fuzzy Faces: Dog Eat Dog - Article on objectionable ingredients found in commercial pet food.
- What Should I Feed My Dog ? - Article discusses the pros and cons of feeding commercially available pet foods. The article is written from the perspective of a veterinarian.
- Pudgy Pooches - New York Times article examines the diet of the average dog. (December 3, 2003)
- Dietary Oils Shown to Suppress Dogs' Immune System - Oregon State University article on suppression of the canine immune system by omega-3 fatty acids.
- EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) & Dalmatians - Contains information about which fatty acid supplements are used by dalmatian breeders, and how they're used.
- Higher Fat Levels? For Dogs it Spells Good Health - Dog Logic article on benefits of feeding fat to dogs.
- Animal and Plant Proteins in Dry Dog Foods - Article that debunks the myth that dogs are carnivores, and discusses and appropriate omnivore diet of meat and plants.
- Dietary Taurine Deficiency and Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Dogs - Scientific investigation of this relationship.
- Dog Food Protein - Article discusses essential and non-essential amino acids and their functions, as well as protein requirements and sources.
- Antioxidants And Their Role In Your Dog's Health - Article by Dr. Dan Christian on what antioxidants are, and why they are important for the dog.
- Total Antioxidant Capacity (TAC) - University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences - abstract of scientific paper that establishes range for serum TAC and determines correlation between TAC and some individual antioxidants.
- Dogs and Chocolate Toxicity - Explains how much can be poisonous, as well as detailing signs of toxicity and available treatments.
- Foods to Avoid in Dogs - Certain common foods, even in low amounts, can be toxic to dogs. The signs of toxicity, emergency and veterinary treatment, and prognosis are described.
- Notes on Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs - Explains why this product is poisonous.
- Meatless Pups Miss Out on Minerals - Article on mineral deficient vegetarian dog diets.
- Nutrience - Characteristics and functions of vitamins in the dog.