Issues - Elective Surgery
- Animal Crackers: Cosmetic Surgery - From the University of Pennsylvania's veterinary school's publication, a brief article with an overview of the controversy and the procedures.
- Household Hazards: Ear Cropping, Tail Docking and Dew Claws - A German Pinscher breeder presents the historical reasons for the procedures and contemporary considerations.
- New Zealand Council of Docked Breeds - Protecting the future welfare of all docked breeds with emphasis on legislation opposing tail docking. Position statements and proposed legislation regarding tail docking, ear cropping, and dewclaw removal.
- Stop the Crops - Opposition to cosmetic alterations and surgery, including an overview of practices in different countries, affected breeds, references, and advocacy suggestions.
- To Crop or Not to Crop? - A Boxer breeder presents the pros and cons of the procedure.
- Vet4Petz.com: Cosmetic Surgery - Information about ear cropping, debarking, and tail docking and alternatives. Ask the Vet Q&A.
- SF Gate: Pooch Gets New Type Of Implants - An article by Chip Johnson about the first dog to get silicone testicles. (July 16, 1998)
- Debarking is a Last Resort for Nuisance Dogs - Overview of Australian legislation designed to prevent indiscriminate debarking.
- Pet Connection: What To Do About a Barking Dog - An article by Gina Spadafori explaining why dogs bark and solutions, including debarking.
- Dog Owner's Guide: Spay/Neuter Surgery - Pros and cons, surgery costs, and questions to ask the veterinarian.
- To Spay or Neuter? - A dog trainer explains his decision.
- Tobiyah Supports Spay/Neuter - A graph showing that pets multiply faster than pet owners. Links for low cost spay/neuter referrals, graphics, and advocacy suggestions.
- The Anti-Docking Alliance - Working to abolish the practice of docking dogs' tails.
- Council of Docked Breeds - UK-based organization's campaign to protect the future welfare of all traditionally docked breeds. News, reasons for tail docking, photographs, survey, and links.
- Dogs Downunder: All About Docking Downunder - Legislation, press releases, resource kit for opposing the legislation and links.
- Kerry Blues: Tail Docking - Origins, pros and cons, organization positions, and fighting the ban.
- RCVS: Docking of Dogs' Tails - Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons position statement.
- RCVS Vets for Docking - Response to a proposed law which would ban docking in the UK. Includes position statements and a list RCVS veterinary surgeons who wish to be allowed to continue the practice.
- Say No to Tail Docking - A protest to tail docking of dogs as unnecessary and unacceptable. Facts and pictures.
- Vizsla Newzsletter:- This Tail Docking Discussion, And What It Means To You - Article by Steve Peacocke in response to a New Zealand SPCA campaign to ban docking.