Issues - Free Roaming
- Colorado Journal: Rip and Tear Take a Walk - Article by Bob Kretschman on why hikers should keep their dogs leashed in the wilderness.
- Country Life: Breaking Dogs from Killing Chickens - Discussion forum offering various methods to modify the dogs' behavior.
- Dumb Friends League: Canine Escape Artist - Dangers of pet dogs escaping, why and how they do, and recommendations for resolving the problems.
- The Effect of Dogs On Wildlife - Explanations of reasons many parks have banned dogs, including direct and indirect predation, disease transmission, and competition for resources as well as hazards to dogs and visitors.
- Evaluating Predation by Dogs - Damage done to livestock and wildlife, including graphic photographs showing typical signs of attack by domestic dogs.
- Free-roaming Dogs Pose a Threat to Wildlife - An article on the increased incidence of dogs chasing and killing wildlife in Colorado.
- How To Love Your Dog: Leave Strays Dogs Alone - Dangers posed by stray dogs and what to do if approached by one.
- A Message To Dog Owners from Livestock Owners - The harm dogs can cause to livestock, responsible dog ownership, and incidents on San Juan Island, Washington.
- Parkpatrol.org: Encounters With the Unleashed - Article by Ed Sayres advising owners on what to do when an unleashed dog approaches their leashed dog.
- Your Dog and Livestock - Information about the laws of Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland, and tips on how to train dogs to behave around livestock.
- Arcata Eye Newspaper: A Loose Dog, a Lost Finger - Three incidents of problems caused by unleashed dogs and unpredictable behavior. (December 11, 2001)
- SignOn San Diego: Dogs unleashed? Case is Made for Restricted Right - Logan Jenkins argues that dogs have a restricted right to run freely under the supervision of their owners. (February 12, 2001)
- Arcata Eye Newspaper: Who Arcata Marsh Users Are, What They do There and What They Think About Dogs - Survey by Tom Pagan of Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary, California, usage and impacts by dogs. (May 30, 2000)
- Metroactive News & Issues: Folly Rancher - Report of a rancher shooting a dog and the issue of pet owners adapting to rural life. (May 11, 2000)
- Good Dog Magazine: The Ugly Side of Dogs - Debbie Eldredge, DVM, presents a case of a dog allowed to roam that killed ducks used by dog owners for herding training. (January, 2000)
- Lasting Forests: Feral Dogs - An article on the management of wild and untamed dogs.
- Romania: Street Dogs - Articles, news, rescue missions, petitions and contact information. [Graphic photographs]
- Wild Dogs: Feral Ain't Friendly - Gravel Gertie investigates a feral dog problem in Georgia.
- Rural News: Wild Dogs Create Havoc in NSW - New South Wales, Australia, graziers have joined a chorus of complaints from Victorian farmers about increasingly savage attacks by wild dogs. (June 14, 2001)
- TomPaine.com: Feral Dogs, Absent Parents, Careless Society - Text and audio commentary by M. W. Guzy on a 10-year-old child being devoured by a pack of wild dogs in a St. Louis park. (March 28, 2001)
- St. Louis Riverfront Times: Dead Dogs Walking - An article by Melinda Roth about the fate of feral dogs and Randy Grim's work with them. (April 7, 1999)
- Paws for Concern: Detroit Fights to Control Feral Dogs - An article examining the problem of feral dogs in Detroit and elsewhere. (May 15, 1998)