Issues - Legislation
- American Dog Owners Association - To promote, protect, and defend responsible dog ownership. News, owners' rights, legislation by state, and membership information.
- Canine Legislation: Can Dogs Get a Fair Shake in Court? - An annotated article examining canine legislation in the United States and the issue of animals as property.
- Court TV's Legal Cafe: Pet Laws - Transcripts from the show including topics such as animal control laws and owner's liability.
- Dog Town: City Hall - Brief overview of Canadian laws with a chart of leash, noise, limit, and license laws in British Columbia.
- Illinois Dog Clubs and Breeders Association - Dedicated to improve dog legislation to influence new dog legislation in the state of Illinois.
- Pet Laws - A list of local ordinances by state with links.
- Breed Specific Legislation - Locations where BSL and dangerous dog laws are pending or exist and sample letters.
- Dog-Bite Related Fatalitities - A report on US statitistics from 1995-1996 concluding that breed-specific legislation will not properly address the problem.
- DogHolocaust - Working against the specific breed ban in Germany. News, laws in many countries, articles, and discussion list. [English/German/French]
- Dogs Down Under: Law - Australian breed specific laws and legislation listed by locality.
- Dogwatch: Canine Legislation Issues - An association dedicated to opposing breed specific legislation (BSL) and poorly thought out dog legislation in North America, while encouraging responsible dog ownership. Legislative alerts, myths and facts, fighting BSL, legislative liasons, dog ambassadors, and mailing list.
- Domino - The Domino Campaign Against Breed Specific Legislation. Activities, press releases, dogs at risk in Europe, and links.
- Endangered Dogs Defence and Rescue - Campaign to oppose the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991(UK). Information about activities to support dog owners. Includes hotline.
- German Embassy London: Legislation Against Dangerous Dogs - Official government site provides information about the German legislation and regulations.
- Gold Coast City Council: Dog Legislation - Dog Type Restriction - BSL in Queensland. Listing of affected breeds and fines. PDF downloads.
- Humans4anti-BSL - Includes current US state legislation, directory of groups working against BSL, and FAQ.
- Practicality of Breed Specific Legislation in Reducing or Eliminating Dog Attacks - A paper by Diane Blackman which examines the pros and cons of BSL.
- Red Ribbon Against Dog Hatred - Join the webring and list sites. [English/German]
- WorkingDogs: Petition against the German Breed Ban - Petition and contact information for German consulates in the US.
- Beth Goelzer Lyons' Off-leash Rules - A proposed standard for off-leash dog and owner behavior.
- NewStandard: Leash Your Urge to Let Your Pet Run Free - An article by Cindy Wolff explaining why leash laws do not recognize electronic devices as methods of control.
- Franklin and Marshal Dispatch: Free Range Dogs - Kimba argues that leash laws should make leashes illegal to increase the value of dogs capable of responding to voice commands. (September 21, 2000)
- Nolo: When a Dog Is a Lemon - What to do if you get a sick animal from a pet store.
- Pennsylvania: Dog Purchaser Protection Act - The state's puppy lemon law, with information and FAQs for veterinarians and dog purchasers.
- Puppy Lemon Law States - Overviews of the laws in several states, with pros and cons of each.
- Sick Puppies: Disclosures and Lemon Laws - What to do if you buy a sick puppy and links to many states' lemon laws.
- AKC: Animal Limit Laws - Position statement and suggested alternatives.
- OVDO: Number Limit Laws Opposed - Ohio Valley Dog Owners' position on limit laws and some examples of limit laws imposed and defeated.
- Newhouse News Service: Here's the Scoop: There's Cash in Pet Poop - An article by Michael K. McIntyre about professional pooper scooper services. (April 12, 2001)
- Atlanta Business Chronicle: Dog Cleanup Not Much A-Do Over Nothing - An editorial by Carole Clancy regarding the health and nuisance issues of dog owners not cleaning up after their pets. (April 3, 2000)
- Weekly Wire: It's a Dog-Eat-Dog World - Reflections on the canine boom, and what to do about all that poop. (September 14, 1998)