- Aggression - Describes different types, and whether or not they are appropriate.
- Aggressive Behavior - Understanding and working with the problem.
- Aggressive Behavior List - An email discussion group with trainers and dog owners addressing behavior modification.
- Barking or Howling - A series of exercises to avoid this problem.
- Begging - Explains how to stop this becoming a problem.
- Behavior Help - A humane society provides articles on understanding and dealing with a number of common problems such as chewing, barking and biting.
- Behavior Problems and Solutions - Explains the alpha concept, or 'speaking wolf', and how an understanding of this can help with many issues such as barking, digging and jumping up.
- Behavioral Problem Solutions - Articles offer advice on topics including mounting, jumping up, chewing and car sickness.
- Behaviour Advice - Free articles offer descriptions and suggestions on issues such as hyperactivity, aggression and digging.
- Canine Aggression - Education, support and resources for pet owners.
- Chewing - Description and suggestions for controlling this instinct.
- Compulsive Behavior in Dogs - A scientific article about the causes, effects and treatment.
- Coprophagia - Explains faeces-eating and suggests ways of stopping it.
- Dealing with Separation Anxiety - Causes of this problem and methods to alleviate it.
- Dog Behavior - A Humane Society provides free articles on a range of issues from puppy problems to understanding body language.
- Dog Behaviour.com - A professional trainer in the UK provides free articles on establishing good habits and dealing with bad ones.
- DogBasics - Free advice on dealing with a number of issues including chasing cats, jumping, nipping and noise phobias.
- Dominance - Analysis of the role of this issue in packs and families, together with excerises for controlling it.
- Excessive Licking - Also known as Acral Lick Dermatitis or Lick Granuloma.
- Fear of Loud Noises - Suggestions for reducing the distress caused by thunder and fireworks.
- Fearful Dogs - A series of exercises to control this problem.
- Herbal Remedies for Behavior Problems - An article from the International Veterinary Information Service discusses the evidence for using herbs, flower essences and homeopathic medicine.
- Hyperactivity - A series of exercises to control this problem.
- K9 Separation Anxiety - This email discussion group serves as a support group as well as a source of information.
- Myths and Realities - Explores common misconceptions about the way dogs view their environment, and why they behave as they do.
- Nasty Habits - Discusses methods of dealing with digging, jumping up, howling, scratching doors, stealing or begging for food, chewing and other misbehaviours.
- Non-food Ingestion - Known as pica, this can cause serious health problems. The causes and solutions are explained.
- Pet Behavior Articles at APBC - Members of the Association of Pet Behavior Counsellors in the UK write about problem pets.
- Possessiveness - Explains how to teach that sharing is OK.
- Problem Barking - Causes and solutions are suggested.
- Problem Dogs - Explains why barking, fouling and aggression make some animals a problem for city authorities, then suggests solutions.
- Relocation Anxiety - Suggestions are given for reducing the ill-effects of a family move, or when a dog is re-homed for any reason.
- Rescue Dog Behavior Problems - These animals may have particular areas of difficulty.
- San Francisco SPCA Library - Free pdf articles to download cover many common issues.
- Separation Anxiety - Article explaining avoidance and treatment strategies.
- Separation Anxiety - This article includes a short video ( 2.7 Mb ) showing the typical stages and suggesting solutions.
- Shy Dogs: FAQ - Owners share their experiences and suggestions for dealing with the problem.
- Stool Eating - A series of exercises to control this activity.
- Submissive Urination - An explanation of why this is unrelated to housebreaking is accompanied by suggestions for dealing with it.
- Submissive Urination - The causes are explained and an interactive solution suggested.
- Tail Chasing - Explains why this is not always a playful activity, and how to stop it causing injury.
- Thunderphobia - How to recognise and deal with this common characteristic.
- Training the Dominant Dog - Practical advice on appropriate training methods.
- Travel Sickness - An explanation is given and a simple solution offered.
- Understanding Animals - Free articles cover a number of issues and a forum is available for related discussion.
- So Long to Bad Dogs - This article from Atlantic Monthly explains the theory of animal behavior and the progress being made in treating phobias, anxiety, aggression and panic. (May 31, 1997)