- Best and Worst Dogs for Security - Ranks breeds for guarding, protection, and watchdog barking.
- K9 Hero - Illustrated accounts acknowledge animals who have given more than expected of them, including those working with police, the military, search and rescue and as service dogs.
- Working Dog Evaluation - A modification of the Puppy Aptitude Test used to predict temperament.
- Working Dog Training - Free articles cover motivation, problem-solving and imprinting.
- Army Dog Training - An article by the Commander describes the process.
- Donn Yarnall - A former police handler provides articles on 'Find and Bark' and the remote training collar.
- Human Remains Detection Canine Training - Articles about cadaver dogs.
- K9 Services: Canine Psychology - An explanation of the process of selecting, training, and maintaining a K9 dog.
- K9 Training - This mailing list is restricted to Law Enforcement Officers and Police Working Dog Trainers.
- Mind Games - A police dog trainer explains the importance of psychologically preparing the dog with a starting ritual before arriving at the crime scene.
- Mine Detection Dogs - The Marshall Legacy Institute explains its work in former war zones.
- The Muzzle for Police Dog Training - A discussion on the use of agitation muzzles.
- Policek9.com: Trainers Digest - Articles on scenting and tracking, criminal apprehension, training the dog to deal with threats, force, and harm, canine participation in officer training, and health and care issues.
- Problem Solving with the K9 - Suggestions for overcoming slumps in tracking training and performance.
- Remember the Basics - An officer from Massachusetts State Police canine unit explains how tracking is taught.
- Training the Cadaver Dog - An account of the process involved in detecting bodies.
- United States Police Canine Association: Training Articles - Submissions from K9 trainers around the world cover a range of issues including dog selection, tracking, instincts and searches.
- American Society of Canine Trainers - Offering all levels of K9 training, advanced and technical programs and certification of law enforcement, civilian and sport trainers. Membership details, standards and awards.
- Arizona Law Enforcement Canine Association - Details of meetings and seminars for handlers and trainers.
- Australian Army Trackers and War Dogs Association - Membership is open to former and current Combat Team members.
- British Columbia Police Canine Association - Details of forthcoming trials and seminars as well as a photograph page and message board.
- California Narcotic Canine Association - Members can access a case law hotline and details are given of training events and seminars.
- Canadian Police Canine Association - As well as details of Trials and seminars, there is a photograph page and Trader's Corner.
- Canine Accelerant Detection Association - This forum is for trainers and handlers of accelerant (arson) detecting dogs.
- Connecticut Police Work Dog Association - Training articles are provided, as well as certification standards and an honour roll.
- Dogs Against Drugs Dogs Against Crime - Details are given of seminars for handlers and an anti-drug education programme for children.
- Eastern States Working Dog Association - Information and membership is available to anyone associated with law enforcement and public safety.
- Heart of America Police Dog Association - Details are given about on-going learning and support.
- Idaho Police Canine Association - Standards and course details are given for the certification of Evaluators.
- Inland Empire Police Canine Association - Officers from several Californian departments offer course details and legal information.
- International Explosive Detection Dog Association - Promotes the international exchange of information and standard procedures.
- Kansas Police Dog Association - Membership details are given with sponsorship information and a picture gallery.
- Law Enforcement Bloodhound Association - Seminar details, books and a training manual are provided for officers involved in trailing and cadaver work.
- Missouri Police Canine Association - Providing assistance with ongoing education and certification.
- National Narcotics Dog Detector Association - Seminar information is accompanied by case reports and news items about related search and detection activities.
- National Police Bloodhound Association - Seminars and merchandise are offered, and members can submit an official Bloodhound Search Report.
- National Police Canine Association - US standards are given for instructors, trainers and certification.
- Nordic Police Dog Union - Details of seminars throughout Scandinavia, plus information on the new Accelerant Dog Project.
- North American Police Work Dog Association - Officers in the US and other countries provide workshop details, an Honor Roll and an Information Letter.
- Oregon Police Canine Association - Unit photographs are featured, along with a newsletter and list of current events.
- Pacfic Northwest Police Detection Dog Association - Member states and provinces include Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, Canada.
- RAAF Police Dog Handlers Association - This unofficial history is written by an Australian former officer.
- RCMP Police Dog Service - Team members across Canada are named, with their dogs and locations.
- Royal Dutch Police Dog Association - The history is given and an application form can be downloaded.
- Southern Tier Police Canine Association - A photograph gallery shows active and retired teams from New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Canada.
- UK Law Enforcement Agencies Dog Systems - Technical advice is provided, as well as details of seminars and international competitions.
- United Police and Corrections K-9 Association - The certification requirements are described.
- United States Police Canine Association - Explanations are given of each form of certification, and a message forum is available for members.
- United States Police Canine Association Region 3 - Members in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia and the District of Columbia are offered certification, evaluations and seminars.
- United States War Dogs Association - News stories are published, there are photograph galleries and a chat room, and e-mails can be sent to units serving abroad.
- Vietnam Dog Handlers Association - Membership is open to anyone who was associated with a War Dog Unit.
- Vietnam Security Police Association Canine Memorial - Handlers assigned to Air Bases during the Vietnam war are invited to participate in events, petitions, education and a chat forum.
- Virginia Police Work Dog Association - Members are offered workshops in Narcotic, Explosive and Accelerant Detection.
- Washington State Police Canine Association - Members can access a message board and a list of events.
- Western States Police Canine Association - Competition details and a newsletter are provided for members in California, Nevada, Idaho and Oregon.
- Working Dog Foundation - Details of the annual Iron Dog Challenge are given, plus information on various public education programmes.
- Assistance Dog Group - Mailing list for trainers, including puppy raisers, service dog users, self raisers, instructors and training school staff.
- Assistance Dog Training - Advice is given on whether to use an established program or to undertake owner-training.
- Assistance Dogs of America, Inc. - A non-profit organization that trains dogs ( often from rescue shelters ) for placement with disabled handlers. Contains PDF files of requirements.
- Berkeley DogEars: Do It Yourself - Instructions for teaching a dog to respond to sounds such as an alarm clock and smoke detector.
- Disabled Americans Have Rights Too: Links - Directory of sites about training service dogs.
- Guide and Service Dog Training - Forum for puppy raisers, owner trainers, handlers, and school trainers to discuss issues, methods and problems.
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners - A non-profit organisation presents several specific exercises.
- OC-Assist-Dogs Group - An unmoderated list discussing clicker training for assistance dogs.
- OTADogs4U Group - Mailing list for people with disabilities wishing to train their own dogs to become service dogs. Also for anyone interested in helping to train such dogs.
- Owner-Trained Assistance Dogs - Discussion forum for disabled people training an assistance dog. Handlers working with program dogs are also welcome to participate.
- Search and Rescue Dog Training - Describes the requirements in obedience, agility, tracking and retrieving.
- Service Dog Education System - Training curriculum includes guidelines for trainers, recommended characteristics and the minimum skills required by service dogs. Free PDF downloads.
- Service Dog Training - Assisting people with disabilities, or their families, in training. Program details, costs, credentials and FAQ.
- Service Dogs: Training Your Own - Providing detailed information, suggested reading and first-person advice.
- Top Dog - A non-profit organization teaching those with physical disabilities to train their own dogs as certified service dogs. Program overview, newsletter, and online ordering of training manuals and videos. Tucson, Arizona.
- Training and Use of Canines in Medical Rehabilitation - Proposed standards for minimum training requirements and desirable characteristics of the dog.
- Training Tips in Animal Facilitated Treatment - Suggestions for adapting standard techniques, as well as games that can be played by dog and patient.
- Walking Cane-9s Group - Forum for owners of service dogs to discuss training methods and problems as well as exercise and fitness for dog and owner.
- Worldwide Welcome Waggin' - International puppy raisers group. Includes directories of organizations that use puppy raisers and assistance dog mailing lists.
- Blind Dog Trainers - Mailing list for blind people who have trained a guide dog for themselves or for others. Also for those interested in training their own dog.
- Dog-guides Group - Discussion forum for handlers, trainers and puppy raisers from any guide dog school.
- Finnish Guide Dog School: Basic Training - Overview of city, rural, and obedience training.
- Golden Leaders Group - Forum for puppy raisers, handlers, and host families working with a Golden Retriever through Leader Dogs for The Blind.
- Guide Dog Trainer FAQ - Information for people considering becoming a professional trainer.
- Guide Dog Training - This mailing list offers membership to professional or private trainers in this field, inviting them to share techniques and skills.
- Leader-Dogs-L - Mailing list for handlers, trainers and raisers of Leader Dogs.
- Phoenix Guide Dog Raisers, Inc. - Non-profit corporation supporting puppy raisers affiliated with Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc. Training schedule, events, and links to other puppy raising groups in the United States. Arizona